Hitting the trails on your ATV with a group of friends or your family can be fun and stress relieving! Having fun may be your goal, but safety needs to be your priority while riding. The number of ATV related accidents and injuries in 2017 was a staggering 15,000! To help avoid being injured while using your ATV follow these safety tips!
- Protective Equipment: Always were a DOT-compliant helmet, goggles, long sleeves, long pants, over-the-ankle boots, and gloves.
- Trails: Never ride on paved roads except to cross when done safely and where permitted by law. Stick to the trails!
- Don’t Drink and Ride: Never ride an ATV under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Passengers: While on a designated single-rider ATV, never carry a passenger. Never carry more than 1 passenger on an ATV designated for 2 people.
- Age Appropriate: Ensure you are always riding an ATV that is right for your age.
- Supervise Children: Supervise any rider under the age of 16. ATVs are not toys!
- Safety Course: Consider taking an ATV safety course and get safety certified.
We hope you have a great riding season. Enjoy the trails and stay safe! For more information on ATV safety or on ATV insurance, please give GV&Y Insurance Agency a call at (781) 329-8963 or visit us online at https://www.gvyinsure.com/.